[Part 3 of a series on Fear | Read 1 and 2]
Choose love over fear. Looks great on a t-shirt. Catchy as a hashtag.
But how do you do it in real life?
The following resources are meant to get you thinking about how to face fear with more courage, compassion, and love.
Jot them down, store them on your phone, put them front and center so you’ll be reminded to apply them.
Shift your perspective on fear
- TED TALK: Isaak Lidsky — What Reality Are You Creating for Yourself (11:46 min)
- TED TALK: Joe Kowan — How I Beat Stage Fright (8:03 min)
- WEBSITE: 100 Days of Rejection
- Is this thought serving me?
- Does my need to do this outweigh my fear of doing this?
- Is this thought true? Do I know for sure?
Give yourself a pep talk
- Feel the fear and do it anyway. (also a book by Susan Jeffers)
- Accept what you can’t change. Take action for everything else.
- You can live ruled by anxiety + fear OR bliss + relaxation. Your choice.
Turn your fear around
- What if I fail? ➡️ How will I recover?
- What if I fail? ➡️ What if I succeed?
- What would I lose? ➡️ What can I gain?
- What’s the worst case scenario? ➡️ What’s the best case scenario?
Thanks again to members of the SIGroup for sharing these tips and tricks!
If you missed the previous parts of this series on fear, Part 1 talks about recognizing fear and Part 2 talks about strategies for facing fears.
What is the SIGroup?
The Social Impact Learning & Support Group is an open community of purpose-driven people in Vancouver, BC. We get together for monthly potlucks and support each other by sharing knowledge, skills, and resources. You’re invited to join us! Sign up for the newsletter to stay in the loop.